Our team at Advocate Medical Centre can perform, where clinically appropriate, ECGs (electrocardiogram) onsite.
ECGs can assist in diagnosing a wide range of heart problems such as:
- muscle defect;
- enlargement of the heart;
- congenital defects;
- heart valve disease;
- arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms);
- tachycardia or bradycardia (heart rate too fast or too slow);
- ectopic heartbeat;
- coronary artery disease;
- inflammation of the heart (myocarditis);
- inflammation around the heart (pericarditis);
- changes in the amount of electrolytes (chemicals in the blood); and
- myocardial infarction (heart attack), past or present.